Thursday, August 5, 2010

Half Way....

I was sitting here and realized I'm half way through P90X. It just boggles my mind. This is an amazing program and it does work. Thoughts running through my head sound like an infomercial. But I can honestly say it really does work. I know I might not hit where I want to be at the end of the 90 days and that's ok. But there's nothing stopping me from doing round 2. 

I've learned so much going through this. There are two big things I've learned so far. Food being one of them. I've really started to think about everything I put into my mouth. I think about how it's going to affect me, if it's good carb or bad carb, portion sizes when I don't have any other options. Just a ton about what you should and shouldn't eat.

The second big thing and probably the bigest is that I can push myself hard and do things I didn't think I could possibly do. I'm turning 42 in a few months and I never thought I could look as good or feel as good as I do. Sure 20 years ago maybe but not at 42. I know I have more work to get where I want to be. But even where I am now I've gotten compliments about how I look. You know the "Wow! Are you losing weight?" or the "That's really working for you. I can see the difference. You look good."

That is probably the biggest motivator for me. I look in the mirror every day. I see changes but because I see myself every day it's not as dramatic. People that I see maybe once a week or once a month notice it even more.

The other day I noticed something I hadn't before. I was doing stretches before a workout and happened to look down at my arm. There was a ridge on the back of my arm. I know it's a simple thing but the definition I'm seeing in my arms and other parts of my body I've never seen before. I really DO have abs! No I'm not being conceited or self absorbed or anything like that. I'm just amazed at the changes I'm seeing every day. It feels good!

I'm amazed at the things I can do even in the workouts. I remember watching the P90X commercial and seeing someone do corncobs. I was thinking "wow. Yeah right. I could never do those." Well... I'm doing them. Even beyond that everyday things seem better. I'm more focused on things, I have more energy (would probably be even better if I slept better at night. That's a bed issue though), confidence is higher and just about everything is better.

So I look back over the last 6 weeks and see where I started and where I am now. The transformation to this point is amazing. Can't wait to hit day 60 and day 90.

No comments: